Sunday, November 11, 2007

What I do

For those of you who don't know me, or for those who do but were curious, I thought I would let you know a little more about where I come from educationally and professionally.

I finished High School in Adelaide in 1995.
From there I went to the University of South Australia to Study a Bachelor of Applied Science in Chemistry and industrial Process Technology (1996-1999).
A year off from study followed which included time working as a laboratory assistant and getting married.
From there back to University to Study a Bachelor of Education in 01 and 02. My daughter was also born in 02.
Was offered permanency in the SA education department If I would be willing to work in the country, so I moved to the Yorke Peninsular to teach form 2003-2005.
In 2005 I returned to study (two years off and I already missed it) to undertake a Masters of Education Teacher Librarianship. This is being done while I teach full time one subject at a time.
2006 saw my move to the wonderful Adelaide hills to teach, while living only a few minutes from my childhood home.
2007 saw me take up Tae Kwon Do with my daughter, at the time of writing we are both 8th Gup having successfully completed two gradings.
2008 should see the completion of my Masters, including some exciting professional experience in non-school libraries. It will also see me continuing my work with the Youth Environment Militia that I helped the students to establish at my school.

So now you know. Any Questions?
David


In response to Josh's question in my last blog, I have not yet been able to convince the powers that be in my school to allow me to use myspace with my students, the paper was however only written three weeks ago and I have only had one chat with said powers.

1 comment:

joshnunn said...

"the paper was however only written three weeks ago and I have only had one chat with said powers."

Well, it's early days then! Three weeks is like five minutes in 'School Bureaucracy Time'. Good luck with it though.

How do you find time to do so much Dave? Teaching, learning, ninjitsu... You're a powerhouse!