Last week Peter Kelley posted a blog about technology and the state election. In it he outlined a few questions that it would be good to ask candidates for the upcoming state election (March 20 2010). I have volunteered to do my electorate Newland. So I have emailed the questions to the Labor Member, and Family First, Greens and Liberal candidates. The questions are listed below. As I get responses I will post them on my blog for all to see. If any more candidates nominate I will try to find them and ask the same questions.
1. What web browser do you use?
2. What is your day to day computer (PC, Apple, Laptop) etc?
3. What social networking sites do you or your staff use (Facebook, Twitter, Others) and where can we find you on those sites?
4. Do you have a blog and if so what is the address
5. In your opinion, what is the role of the internet in the South Australian political process?
6. What role should government play in regulating the internet?
7. What are your thoughts on how to address objectionable content on the internet? What role should government play in this process?
8. Do you support an R18+ classification for computer games?
9. Tell us about the policies that your party has that would influence the use of technology if elected.
10. What are your thoughts on the funding of computers for schools?